Monday, February 22, 2021

Feels Like Spring


 It doesn't really feel like spring outside but it does when I look at my tatting! I looked into my thread box, saw these two colors together and got inspired. Unfortunately the green is size 50 and the pink variegated is size 30! But I liked the combo enough to go ahead with it despite the very noticeable size difference and I think I got away with it. I did have to alter the stitch counts in the center of the round motif, and it still ruffled slightly. Worth it. The round motif is from Blomqvist and Persson's Tatting Patterns and Designs. Absolutely my favorite pattern from that book and one I keep coming back to. It makes a good snowflake but I love it in colors too. I'm not sure who to credit the bookmark pattern to. It's a classic pattern that I used to use a lot for making cross bookmarks, but this time I didn't feel like making a cross so I just made it as a basic strip shape. The tassel is an easy finish that I use as a clever excuse to not sew in any of the ends. 

3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Pretty.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love those colors together! I also enjoy tatting that snowflake pattern, although it has bee quite a while since I've made one. Your bookmarks make me want to pick up a book and read! ;-)

Lelia said...

Beautiful tatting. I bought the book to tat up all the motifs -- I started out with Mini Tats by Patti Duff and wanted something similar. Your motif is beautiful - nice to add the green ; )